Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken salad

This is a great recipe for leftover rotisserie chicken. Everywhere I go I have my favorite rotisserie chicken. In LA it's Zankou chicken, in Vegas, Crazy Pitas. If Zankou has a garlic sauce to die for, Crazy Pitas' chicken is just full of garlic (and other flavors). As it always happens, I tend to think I can eat so much more than I really can, so I would end up with lots and lots of left over. This is also a great recipe if you don't like white chicken meat, because the sauce imparts more flavor and moisture to the meat.

Ingredients:

2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion.
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tblsp mustard
a splash of vinegar
salt, pepper and some chili powder to taste

In a bowl mix the mayonnaise with mustard, vinegar, some salt, pepper and chili power. Add the chicken, onion and celery. Mix well. Taste and add more salt, pepper and chili if necessary.

Serve with some greens for a salad. Put some on salad leaves for a tasty appetizer or with toasted bread as sandwich.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment